Joyce's Fabulous Apple Butter
- 18 lbs. golden Delicious apple
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 9 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups orange flavored liquor
- Throw all the apples into a large braising pan with water, lj. Cover and place in the oven, cooking until soft.
- Put through food mill.
- Add sugar, spices and bake in 350F oven for 1 1/2- 2 hours until thick.
- Add liquor and put into jars and process in water bath for 10 minutes.
- "18 pints"